Trent Walton is founder and 1/3 of Paravel, a custom web design and development shop based out of the Texas Hill Country. In his spare time, he writes about what he learns at his website, and is co-creator of and contributor to TheManyFacesOf and DesignSwap.
Episode 80 The Complexity and the Humanity
Web projects have become very complex in the last few years, but the hardest part isn't the technology — it's the humanity. The success or failure of big projects is contingent on leadership, vision and planning. Trent Walton joins Jen Simmons to tell tales of working on the microsoft.com homepage and other big projects — sharing what can go right and what can go wrong. He also talks about reviving the original 1994 version of microsoft.com and the importance of archiving the web.
In This Episode
- Designing the new microsoft.com homepage
- Convincing stakeholders to go responsive
- Making websites for clients 10 years ago vs. now
- Business leadership behind successful projects
- Recreating the original microsoft.com homepage