Jason Pamental has worked on the web since 1994. With a background in design and an intimate understanding of technology and its application on the web, he has led creative and technical teams for NFL and America’s Cup teams, Fortune 25 and technology corporations and many other clients, serving in both creative and technical roles. A passionate advocate of web standards and accessibility, Jason embraces new developments in web typography and responsive design as the next logical evolution in usability, search and maintenance of complex web systems.
In addition to his consulting practice, Jason speaks about Responsive Design, Web Typography and Web Strategy at conferences and pretty much anywhere people will listen.
Episode 87 Delivering Typography
Using real typefaces on the web creates amazing design opportunities. But how do you deliver web fonts while not messing up the rest of the experience? Jason Pamental joins Jen Simmons to talk about tips and tricks for optimizing web font performance.
In This Episode
- How to make fonts load faster
- Pros and cons of different techniques for hooking web fonts up to a site
- How to choose fonts that will work on different operating systems
- How to choose a font vendor
- How to test a font
- Improving the experience before the font loads
- Ways to do progressive enhancement with fonts
- Which font formats to use when