Episode 86 Componentizing the Web
Web Components are all the rage these days — a way to create the web using chunks of code that are reusable across projects. Polymer is a polyfill for using Web Components today. Rob Dodson joins Jen Simmons to explain the current landscape.
In This Episode
- The Web Component spec
- Making a component to reuse
- Interoperability and encapsulation
- How can we use this now?
- What is Polymer?
- Components vs. today's libraries
- The future of Angular, Bootstrap, Foundation, and the like
- Accessibility and performance concerns
- How to get involved